- Can Tanzania irrigation schemes avert impending EAC hunger?
- SA Banks top list of world’s top 500 most valuable banks in Africa
- Africa set to become a new El Dorado for Rare Earths Production
- Land prices in Nairobi subdued amid slowdown of Kenyan economy
- Tanzania increases coal production amidst clean energy transition
- New World Order: Changing global trade patterns
- TradeMark East Africa rebrands to TradeMark Africa, expands to West Africa
- Despite international initiatives food inflation worsening in Africa
The main objective of the bloc is to promote economic interdependence and cooperation among member states to raise the living standards and encourage economic development.
Exportation in Mali is already feeling the pressure of the political instability in the country. Exports reduced from CFA552.39 billion in the first quarter of 2021 to CFA495.87 billion in the second quarter.
Mali lists among the poorest nations in the world. According to the 2021 Index of Economic Freedom, absence of property protection rights and a transparent and honest judicial system, and the higher degree of corruption tolerance makes it impossible to achieve greater economic freedom in the country.