Next year will kick off with great opportunities for entrepreneurs or business minded people in Africa, if they take advantage of the offers floating around.
We have compiled three openings that could see your venture or business idea grow to lengths you have never imagined.
Here they are:
- GROWTHAFRICA’S ACCELERATOR PROGRAM
Get a lasting competitive advantage with GrowthAfrica Accelerator program that will enable you develop your business model with the help of a team of skilled and experienced business executives, successful entrepreneurs, expert investors and the GrowthAfrica crew.
The six-months program will kick off with the initial 5-day boot camp and subsequent six 3-day workshops. These will form the basis to establish the foundation and equip you with tools to diagnose your business and devise strategies to optimize your business in all thinkable areas. After each workshop you will work in-company with the assistance of your mentors, facilitators, growth catalysts and sages to implement your new strategies and innovations – boosting your growth trajectory in significant ways.
Anyone who has a commitment to use their business to bring a positive impact into the local communities, either through services or products, or through a business model is eligible to take part.
However, GrowthAfrica is much interested in you and your business model if:
- You already have an innovative product or service in the market and paying customers
- You have a team of co-founders with a balanced skillset and who are ambitious, talented, committed and willing to learn from their peers and the GrowthAfrica team
- You have a burning desire to make your business the next big thing and scale internationally and make your business an impactful multimillion dollar success story
- Your business has products and services addressing environmental sustainability; work with IT, mobile and financial technologies; is an agribusiness, have a product or service relating to the construction sector, or deliver essential services (health, education, water & sanitation).
Application Deadline: You are required to have made your submission by 17th January – at midnight.
For more information on eligibility and the application process, visit http://growthafrica.com/startup/apply/.
- SEED EAST AFRICA
Stanford Seed Transformation program (STP) East Africa believes that some of the most pressing problems we face today, including poverty, can be addressed through leadership and innovation in the private sector.
Stanford’s decades-long history of educating innovators in Silicon Valley can now be translated in Africa through this initiative that seeks to bring innovative mindset and practical business training to entrepreneurs in the region.
To address the needs of founders and senior leaders of small and medium sized companies who are committed to growing their businesses, the six-month program has four highly interactive sessions—each lasting one week. Sessions cover tools and methodologies that you will use to grow and transform your business.
Among the topics that will be covered include leadership training, strategy, organizational design, business model development, value chain innovations, operations, accounting, governance, marketing, finance/investing among others.
The Stanford Seed Transformation Program is delivered by Stanford University Global LLC, and is specifically intended for founders/senior leaders who lead and want to grow their established businesses in the East Africa sub region.
- Applicants must demonstrate commitment and potential to grow and scale their companies, thereby creating jobs, products, or services that benefit those living in poverty.
- Applicants must be founders/senior leaders of for-profit companies.
- Applicants lead organizations with an annual revenue range between USD 150,000 and USD 15 million.
- Applicant’s company must be headquartered, legally registered, and currently operating within East Africa.
- Applicant must have English language proficiency.
- The program is open to all industries.
Deadline to submit the online application is 15 January 2016.
For more details about the call, visit: https://seed.stanford.edu/seed-transformation-program/stanford-seed-east-africa.
- SKOLL SCHOLAR
Have you started a venture aimed at solving one of the world’s biggest social or environmental challenges? If so, this call is targeting you.
The Skoll Scholarship provides full funding plus a living stipend to complete a MBA at the University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School.
Why apply for the program?
This exclusive opportunity will help you to meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought-leaders and investors while helping you take your social venture/initiative to the next level.
Moreover, you will gain professional leadership and business skills as well as become part of the Skoll Scholar community, a group of leaders who are positively impacting the world through innovation and systems change.
How to apply
For more details on the application and eligibility, visit http://skollscholarship.org/.