- The Forbes 30 Under 30 Summit will come to Africa for the first time, the world’s most outstanding growth market
- Among the participants, a third will come from the 30 Under 30 Africa community, the other third from Botswana, and the final third from the Forbes 30 Under 30 community globally
- The Forbes 30 under 30 Summit showcases the power of young people to come together and solve some of the world’s trickiest problems
The Forbes 30 Under 30 Summit will come to Africa for the first time, the world’s most outstanding growth market.
Starting on 24th to 28th April 2022, the world’s most elite young entrepreneurs and specific industries’ game-changers will attend the meeting, which will be held in Botswana.
Among the participants, a third will come from the 30 Under 30 Africa community, the other third from Botswana, and the final third from the Forbes 30 Under 30 community globally.
The Summit will begin in Gaborone, Botswana’s capital city. It will be inaugurated by a speech from the country’s government, venture capital, and business role models, inspiring the next generation of leaders.
The Summit will also house local performers, chefs and entrepreneurs, giving the experience of sounds, cuisine and staples of local culture while engaging in unbeatable networking and pitching opportunities.
As witnessed in every Under 30 Summit, the social and cultural opportunities will be world-class. On April 26, 2022, participants we’ll jump on private planes and take the excitement from Gaborone to Kasane and the nearby Chobe National Park, the world’s largest elephant sanctuary. They will focus on sustainability with a special day of outdoor programming, a sunset river cruise among the hippos and crocodiles and a unique sunrise safari that ranks among the best in Africa.
The Forbes 30 under 30 Summit showcases the power of young people to come together and solve some of the world’s trickiest problems. Members of the 2021 list alone have raised over US$1 billion collectively in funding, and this year looks very optimistic about beating that record.
Across the five days of the event, participants will explore in every way the best Africa has to offer and harness the power of entrepreneurial capitalism amidst the continent whose growth will help define the 21st century.
The speakers for the Forbes 30 Under 30 Summit include:
- HE Dr Mokgweetsi Eric Keabetswe Masisi- the President of the Republic of Botswana
- Elsa Majimbo- Comedian, Author and Social Media Sensation in Kenya.
- Dr Patrice Motsepe- Founder and Chairman of African Rainbow Minerals.
- Dr Precious Moloi-Motsepe, Co-founder and CEO, Motsepe Foundation and Founder and CEO of African Fashion International (AFI)
- Emma Wareus- Director, Dobby and Former Miss Botswana
- Nelly Cheboi- The Founder & CEO of TechLit Africa.
- Captain Kgomotso Phatsima- Founder and CEO of Dare To Dream
- Osinachi- NFT Artist
- Amantle Mumsie Moremi- Underwriter at Commercial Lines, BIC
- Andrea Berbegal- Director of Development at Brass for Africa
- Katlego Kolanyane-Kesupile- Cultural Architect and a Development Practitioner
- Tania Habimana- Anchor at Closing Bell, South Africa
- DJ Black
- Renuka Methil- Managing Editor, Forbes Africa and Forbes Woman Africa
- Jon Lo- Cofounder, Dare to Care Packages
- Alexandra Sternlicht- Under 30 Editorial Community Lead and Reporter, Forbes
Dr Mokgweetsi Masisi, the President of Botswana. [Photo/Office Holidays]The Forbes 30 Under 30 Listers include:
- Sjoerd (George) Bos- Founder of The Water Company
- Ajay Yadav-Cofounder & COO of Simplified
- Sophia Danner-Okotie- The Founder of Beside
- Brandon Moak- Cofounder and CTO of Embark Trucks
- Nadav Ossendryver- Founder and CEO of Latest Sightings
- Michelle Egger- Cofounder and CEO, BIOMILQ
- Žan Dapčevič- Cofounder and CEO, Academia
- Evelyn Kachaje- Legal Officer at the United Nations
- Endre Olsvik Elvestad- Founder and CEO, Sig Lab
- Matteo Bergamini- Founder and CEO of Shout Out, UK
- Antonio Depina- Founder and CEO of Overseas Basketball Connection, Go Zoomly and Cabo Verde Basketball League
- Nicholas Hänny- Co-founder, CEO and CMO, NIKIN
- David Gan- Founder and General Partner at OP Crypto
- Jenny Guo- Cofounder, Highstreet
- Christina Catalano- Head Representative to the UN and the Chairman of RISE Initiative
- Shomy Hasan Chowdhury- Cofounder of Awareness 360
- Shuo Chen- General Partner, IOVC
- Ogutu Okudo- Founder, Guuru Energy and Board Director of National Oil Corporation of Kenya
- Brandon Allen- Co-founder and Managing Partner, TXV Partners
- Nima Tisdall- Founder, Blue Lobster
- Annie Lu- Cofounder and CEO, H2Ok Innovations
- Ralf Alwani- Co-founder, Urban Scale Interventions
- Shawn Xu- Partner at On Deck