Browsing: Pipeline Construction
  • The construction of the world’s largest heated crude oil pipeline, a 1443km pipeline, has started in Uganda
  • The government of Uganda and Tanzania’s administration signed an agreement for the development of EACOP in May 2017, and a foundation stone was installed in August of the same year
  • It is estimated to cost approximately $3.5 billion, with equity investors expected to contribute 30% of the cost, while international loans will cover the remaining 70%

The onset of 2022 has given life to the commencement of the world’s largest heated crude oil pipeline, with compensation for land acquisition in Uganda already in progress.

In an EACOP national content supply development workshop in Uganda, Michael Tiffen told Next Media Uganda that early last year, Uganda’s president, Yoweri Museveni, Tanzania’s president, Samia Suluhu, and the two oil companies—TotalEnergies and China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC)—have agreed to start the construction.

According to Michael Tiffen, …