- “I always say, decisions I make, I live with them. There are always ways you can correct them or ways you can do them better. At the end of the day, I live with them.”- LeBron James
Born on December 30, 1984, in Akron, Ohio, LeBron James attached to the sports from his childhood days. When he was a baby, his mother gave him a mini hoop and a basketball that he could play for hours on end. Basketball soon became LeBron’s everything, and when he was old enough to play for his elementary school, he immediately became a star on the field.
He was named the Gatorade National player of the year in his first year. At that time he was also known as “King James”.
Even when he was in high school he appeared on the cover of SLAM and Sports Illustrated magazines. It was clear to everyone that one day LeBron will be an NBA superstar.
His recent Tweet
— LeBron James (@KingJames) March 11, 2021
In the 2003 NBA Draft, LeBron James was selected by the Cleveland Cavaliers as the first choice. He became the youngest player to score 40 points in a single game and the youngest player ever to be named Rookie of the Year in his first season.
Apart from playing for the Cavaliers, he also played for the US Olympic Basketball Team and won bronze and gold medals at the 2004 and 2008 Olympics. In 2012 and 2013, LeBron and Miami Heath won the NBA championship and that was the time when he was chosen as the MVP of the two series. Let’s move towards LeBron James’ net worth stats.
View this post on Instagram
LeBron James Net Worth
[table id=28 /]
LeBron James is a professional American basketball player and businessman who owns $ 500 million. LeBron James receives nearly $ 40 million in salary from the NBA each year and earns about $ 55 million from various endorsement programs. That brings in about $ 100 million a year. During the year 2016 to 2017, Revlon earned $ 86 million. From the 2017 to 2018 session he earned $ 85.5 million. And Between 2018 and 2019, LeBron received an additional income of $ 85 million.
LeBron James Earnings from his Career
In the first decade of the NBA sessions, LeBron James earned around $ 126 million from his salary alone. During that time, LeBron received about $ 326 million from endorsements. That amounts to $ 452 million from the first decade as a professional player. Lebron has signed a two-year, 85 million per year contract with the Lakers. By the time the deal is up in 2023, Lebron will earn $ 428 million from NBA salary.
LeBron James Endorsements
LeBron has approval agreements with dozens of companies including State Farm, Microsoft, Beats by Dre, McDonald’s, Coca-Cola, Baskin Robbins, Nike, Dunkin-Donuts, Samsung, and many more. Together with obtaining approval from Beats by Dre, LeBron also owns 1% of the company’s shares. Over the years he has earned $ 1 million in royalties as a speaker. LeBron’s cut was around $30 million when the company sold to Apple for $3 billion.
LeBron James Contracts
- LeBron James was the first choice of the Cleveland Cavaliers in the 2003 NBA draft, and for this, he skipped college and went straight to professional for the home team. His first contract was worth $ 18.8 million over four years.
- Before the 2007-2008 season, he signed a three-year $ 60 million extension with the Cavs which continuously increased his annual salary from 5.8 million to 13 million to 14.4 million, and finally 15.8 million for the 2009-2010 season.
- At the start of the 2011 season, LeBron announced his intention to leave Cleveland for Miami. When LeBron moved to Miami, he had a lower market price of $ 110 million in six years. He did it because he (correctly) predicted that he could win the NBA championship in Miami with Chris Bosch and Dwayne Wade. In his first season on The Heat, he made $ 1.2 million less than in Miami.
- After four seasons at The Heat, ahead of the 2014-2015 season, LeBron returned to Cleveland. During his years at Cleveland, to increase his earning potential LeBron made the conscious decision to sign a one-year contract each season as the NBA’s salary cap rose.
- After winning the NBA championship, LeBron signed a three-year, $ 100 million contract with the Cavs in 2016. He made $ 23 million in his first year. In his second year, he earned $ 30,963 million, making him the highest-paid player in the league for the first time in his career. In the deal’s third year, he won $ 33.285 million in the league.
- LeBron moved from the Cavs to the Lakers on a four-year contract worth $ 153 million Before the 2018-19 season, with an average annual salary of $ 38 million.
- In November 2020, LeBron and the Lakers announced a two-year contract extension worth $ 85 million that would keep him on the team until 2023. That’s the equivalent of $ 42.5 million a year as a base salary in the NBA.
To be Continued.
LeBron James is considered one of the greatest and successful players of basketball. The 35-year-old American played in the NBA for the Los Angeles Lakers. Apart from being one of the highest-paid basketball players, he also grabbed the tag of highest-paid athletes in the world. LeBron James’ net worth is estimated to be around $ 500 million.