- The fear of possible economic sabotage by Covid-19 was everywhere, and a solution had to be created
- Most economic experts arrived at a single standard solution: INVESTMENT!
- The Annual Investment Meeting (AIM) aims to play the catalyst to connect investors and opportunities worldwide
The Coronavirus pandemic hit the global economy hardest in over a century.
Global markets got weaker, and there was a high rising unemployment rate in the better part of 2020. Outside country Investing had become impossible due to lockdowns and economic recession. The fear of possible economic sabotage by Covid-19 was everywhere, and a solution had to be created.
Most economic experts arrived at a single standard solution: INVESTMENT! The world is increasingly becoming aware that the global economy needs continuous and intensive Investments-Foreign Direct Investments (FDIs), Foreign portfolio investment (FPIs), or any other form of investment.
The Annual Investment Meeting (AIM) aims to play the catalyst to connect investors and opportunities worldwide.
The Annual Investment Meeting (AIM) is an exhibition and a conference initiated by the UAE’s Ministry of Economy. It is held under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai. It aims to meet the crucial requirements of today’s foreign direct investment (FDI) trends and opportunities. Here is a link to register for AIM 2022.
AIM has, over the years, revolutionalized into a platform that focuses on the challenges and trends of global investment. The exhibition by AIM presents a wide range of products falling under:
- Financial Services, Insurance and Banking
- Free Trade and Industrial Management and Operations
- Microfinance in credit, insurance and banking
- Health Services and Infrastructure
- Commodity Trading and Waste Management
- Carbon Management and Trading
- Petrochemicals, Manufacturing, Defense and Aeronautics
- Mining, Renewable Energy and Agribusiness
- Corporates Services and Logistics
- Construction and Transportation Infrastructure
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Real Estate and Property Development
- Information Technology and New Media
- Hospitality and Tourism, among other categories.
The AIM Global 2022 edition, which will be held in Dubai, UAE, from 28th to 31st March 2022, has evolved into an international event that brings together several institutions to mobilize their efforts to effect a sustained, positive change, including:
- Ministries and Government Departments
- International and Regional Organizations
- Investors and Investment Promotion Agencies
- International Investment Institutions
- Economic Institutions and Associations
- Special Economic Zones
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- Business Councils
- Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- National SME Councils and Programs
- Financing Institutions and Start-ups
- Incubators and Special Programs
- Sovereign Wealth, Pension and Investment Funds
- Family Offices, Private Equities and Angel Investors
- Venture Capitalists
- Innovation Parks and Urban Developers, among other participants.
What is in for Countries, Cities, Municipalities, Ministries, & Government Departments in AIM 2022
The Annual Investment Meeting (AIM) is a priceless opportunity that provides many activities, features, and advantages to countries, cities, and municipalities that seek to attract a higher inflow of FDIs by highlighting investment destinations at their locations. Features offered by AIM to the benefit of countries and governments include:
- Country Presentations
The Country Presentations creates a platform that enables municipalities, cities, and countries to promote investment opportunities at their locations and highlight the potential of their economic sectors to attract prospective investors.
2. Pre-Conference Workshops
At the Foreign Direct Investments (FDIs) and Foreign portfolio investment (FPIs) Workshops, the countries’ representatives, governments, and cities will gain new insights from renowned industry experts from across the globe that will enrich their experience, thereby enabling them to establish themselves as lucrative opportunities for investment.
3. Conference Sessions
At the Foreign Direct Investments (FDIs) and Foreign portfolio investment (FPIs) conference sessions, participants from countries and government departments will be sharing expert insights, best practices, and ideal investment policies. They will also be taking part in the fruitful discussions that specialists from the investment community will lead to explore relevant topics about AIM’s first pillar – Foreign Direct Investment FDI.
At the AIM 2022 exhibition, the best local and international exhibitors across the globe, including the representatives of countries and investors, will gather to achieve economic growth for their respective countries and regions.
5. Regional Focus Sessions
The Regional Focus Sessions will be centred around regional conversations that examine the economic landscapes of specific regions, with the discussions promising to be an informed exploration of each regions’ risks, challenges, and the opportunities for growth that are waiting to be harnessed through regional cooperation.
The significant sessions are Africa Focus Session, Latin America and the Caribbean’s Focus Session, Asia Focus Session, GCC Focus Session, Europe Focus Session, and Russia and CIS Focus Session.
6. Investment Roundtables
A perfect platform that brings together Ministers and Deputy Ministers with Investors, Heads of Investment Promotion Agencies (IPAs). The Investment Roundtables aim to create a platform for government decision-makers to hold discussions with investment companies to create a feasible investment model that matches government and investor requirements.
7. Investors Hub
At the Investors Hub, official government envoys meet with the representatives of top investment houses, investment corporations, development banks, sovereign wealth funds, and portfolio investors in a formal and secured setting that aims, strategically, to boost global investment partnership and collaboration. Tactically, the goal is to conduct Investors and Projects Matchmaking and announce the closed deals during the event. Sounds interesting? You can sign up here.