- Under President Lula, Brazil rekindles trade ties with Africa
- A huge task awaits Kamau Thugge at the Central Bank of Kenya
- Forget GMOs, human action is fueling world hunger
- East African border towns a pain point for informal women traders
- BoT implements tough measures to curb inflation in Tanzania
- Kenyan manufacturers raise concerns on the Finance Bill 2023
- Leveling the Financial Playing Field for Africa
- In Tanzania, smallholder farmers reaping big from Mercantile Exchange
- TransCentury Plc’s right issue is set to be reopened following approval from the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) after the initial issue failed to hit a 50 per cent threshold.
- Unfortunately, the rights issue performed below expectations, and as a result, CMA has invoked its powers under Section 14 of the Public Offers and Listings Regulations to allow TransCentury to reopen the issue.
- The rights’ issue will be open from March 20 -30 this year with additional information provided in the secondary prospectus to be issued by March 17 as the firm seeks shareholders’ approval to enable the conversion of shareholder loans to ordinary shares as a mode of payment for rights.
TransCentury Plc’s right issue is set to be reopened following approval from the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) after the initial issue failed to hit a 50 per cent threshold.
TC shareholders had until January 23, 2023 to take …
- I&M Group PLC has appointed East African Breweries Limited Group Chief Financial officer Risper Genga Ohaga as an Independent Non-Executive Director of the Company.
- Ohaga is a seasoned finance professional with over 23 years’ experience in Financial Management, Strategy, Audit and Risk Management spanning multiple countries.
- She holds a Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) from University of Nairobi, is a Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA-K) and a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
I&M Group PLC has appointed East African Breweries Limited Group Chief Financial officer Risper Genga Ohaga as an Independent Non-Executive Director of the Company.
Ohaga is a seasoned finance professional with over 23 years’ experience in Financial Management, Strategy, Audit and Risk Management spanning multiple countries. She holds a Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) from University of Nairobi, is a Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA-K) and a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
“The Board is pleased to welcome Ms. Ohaga …
- Agriculture deals worth $25Mn will be struck next month as investors throng the Kenyan capital for the 6th edition of Africa Agri Expo (AAE) in February 2023.
- Over 100 investors and potential business leads in the agriculture value chains from 35+ countries, are keen on setting up businesses and distribution set-ups in Kenya.
- The agricultural 2-day event will happen on 8th February to 9th February at the Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC) and is designed to provide solutions to Farmers, Agribusiness professionals, Agronomists, Government representatives to improve their yields and revenue.
Agriculture deals worth $25 million are expected to be struck next month as investors throng the Kenyan capital for the 6th edition of Africa Agri Expo (AAE) in February 2023.
TAB Group Chief Executive Officer Tahir Bari said over 100 investors and potential business leads in the agriculture value chains from 35+ countries are keen on setting up businesses …
Kenya Airways management has fallen out with its pilots over continued losses at the airline, in the latest of many stand-offs between the two groups.
This is in the wake of a Ksh8.5 billion (US$81.9 million) half year 2019 (January-June) net loss as the carrier remains in the red.
READ:Kenya’s national carrier sinks into Ksh8.6 billion loss
The latest performance is a dip compared to the Ksh4 billion (US$38.6 million) net loss reported in a similar period last year.
This is despite a slight growth in total income during the period which went up to Ksh58.9 billion compared to Ksh52.2 billion same period last year.
Management has blamed the losses to high operating cost occasioned by an expanded network.
During the period, KQ, as it is known by its international code, saw its operating costs edged up to Ksh61.5 billion compared to Ksh53.2 billion last year, which eroded gains …
Bolt, the leading European on-demand transportation platform has launched ‘Bolt for Business’, a plan that allows companies to manage and pay for all corporate trips from one central location.
On the new Bolt for Business portal, account managers can set up company-wide rules and control when and who can use business trips, making it simple to budget for and get a clear overview of the company’s transportation expenses.
The platform also enables the corporate to set and customise the spending allowances and the number of trips employees can take. It is also possible to require employees to report the purpose of the trip before the ride. The new system can be used on both desktop and mobile.
Olaoluwa Akinussi, Country Manager, Bolt Kenya said: “A growing number of Bolt trips are taken for business purposes, whether it’s commuting to work, rushing to client meetings or getting to the airport. Most …
Joel will manage Tell-Em PR’s operations and client portfolio
Tell-Em Public Relations, one of Kenya’s leading Public Relations firms, has appointment veteran PR practitioner Joel Chacha as the agency’s new General Manager effective April 1, 2019.
Joel brings over 10 years of experience in developing and implementing successful communications and digital strategies.
“We are very pleased to announce the appointment of Joel Chacha as Tell-Em PR’s General Manager. Joel’s broad mix of strategy, crisis communication and media relations experience will be a fantastic addition to our agency’s Top Executive Team,” said Tell-Em PR’s Managing Director Elizabeth Cook.
Mutahi Kagwe, Tell-Em PR’s chairman, added:“On behalf of our Board of Directors, I welcome Joel Chacha to his new position. He brings a wealth of knowledge in strategic planning and business development.”
Joel has spent the last few months at the agency overseeing an aggressive client acquisition through strategic pitches and leveraging on …