- Why Africa wants AGOA Act renewed this year
- Can Tanzania irrigation schemes avert impending EAC hunger?
- SA Banks top list of world’s top 500 most valuable banks in Africa
- Africa set to become a new El Dorado for Rare Earths Production
- Land prices in Nairobi subdued amid slowdown of Kenyan economy
- Tanzania increases coal production amidst clean energy transition
- New World Order: Changing global trade patterns
- TradeMark East Africa rebrands to TradeMark Africa, expands to West Africa
- Female-led and female-founded ventures attracted even less funding in 2022 than they had in 2021.
- Female-led start-ups in Africa have raised $188m (4%) in 2022, while male-led ventures raised $4.6bn (96%).
- The number of $100k+ deals announced by female-led start-ups has also seen a YoY decrease, (128 in 2022 vs. 141 in 2021) and relatively (13% vs. 16%).
Female-led and female-founded ventures attracted even less funding in 2022 than they had in 2021, latest data from Africa’s The Big Deal shows.
According to the report, female-led start-ups in Africa have raised $188m (4%) in 2022, while male-led ventures raised $4.6bn (96%). In other words, 25x times less funding has been invested in female-led start-ups in 2022, compared to their male-led counterparts.
“Year-on-year, the amount of funding raised by female CEOs has decreased between 2021 and 2022, both in absolute ($188m in 2022 vs. $290m in 2021) and relative numbers (3.9 …
- Agriculture deals worth $25Mn will be struck next month as investors throng the Kenyan capital for the 6th edition of Africa Agri Expo (AAE) in February 2023.
- Over 100 investors and potential business leads in the agriculture value chains from 35+ countries, are keen on setting up businesses and distribution set-ups in Kenya.
- The agricultural 2-day event will happen on 8th February to 9th February at the Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC) and is designed to provide solutions to Farmers, Agribusiness professionals, Agronomists, Government representatives to improve their yields and revenue.
Agriculture deals worth $25 million are expected to be struck next month as investors throng the Kenyan capital for the 6th edition of Africa Agri Expo (AAE) in February 2023.
TAB Group Chief Executive Officer Tahir Bari said over 100 investors and potential business leads in the agriculture value chains from 35+ countries are keen on setting up businesses …
- Serviced office space provider, Workstyle Africa, has announced plans to invest $2 million to open five one-stop-shop entrepreneurship centres and work spaces in East Africa.
- The firm has partnered with SNDBX International, a business growth ecosystem, to open the centers.
- Each Workstyle location will have a SNDBX wing with more than 20 resident business support experts.
Serviced office space provider, Workstyle Africa, has announced plans to invest $2 million to open five one-stop-shop entrepreneurship centres and work spaces in East Africa.
The firm has partnered with SNDBX International, a business growth ecosystem, to open the centers aimed giving entrepreneurs and SMEs within these spaces personalized access to round the clock business experts to support their growth.
Workstyle Africa builds and manages beautifully designed, high end, flexible workspaces at competitive pricing, while enabling companies to manage new hybrid-work models and enhancing their employees’ work environment.
“Each Workstyle location will have a
Kenya is home to some of the wealthiest politicians on the continent, and probably in the world.
Kenyan politicians are paid well with members of parliament taking home a monthly salary of between Sh 621,250 and Sh 710,000.
As the 2022 General Election set for Tuesday, August 9, 2022, draws near, we look at some of Kenya’s richest politicians seeking elective seats, their businesses and estimated net worth.…
The 2022 Knight Frank wealth report revealed the number of dollar millionaires in Kenya as of 2021 stood at 3,362.
This was an increase of 39 compared to the same period in 2020.
The same report indicated that Kenya had 88 ultra-high net worth individuals (UHNWIs), whose net worth was estimated at over Sh 3.4 billion.…
Given the importance of financial skills in succeeding in life, it is surprising that society today does not offer children the much-needed knowledge about the proper usefulness or value of money.
While the primary responsibility of parents is to prepare children for a more independent life, it is advisable that they also give them financial lessons to navigate life. As in my first scenario, personal finance more often than not is not discussed at the family level.
With a society that is pushing young people to be financially independent, learning about personal finance has never been more important for children. Money management skills for students come in handy in such cases especially when the children are older.…
The report noted that Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) pay the highest salaries, with an average annual salary of KSh 3,757,013.2.
Financial and insurance sector jobs were ranked second with average annual wage earnings of Sh2.08 million per employee.
The Exchange delves into the highest paying jobs in Kenya in 2022, according to Salary Explorer.…
- Kenya’s Twiga Foods has launched Twiga Fresh, a new subsidiary that will grow the company’s range of private label products
- The business-to-business e-commerce company said it has invested $10 million into the company, to scale the production of domestic horticultural staples like onions, tomatoes and watermelons
- Twiga Foods CEO and co-founder Peter Ndegwa said Twiga Fresh will be funded through debt in partnership with Development Financial Institutions in the long term
Twiga Foods has announced the launch of Twiga Fresh, a new subsidiary that is focused on modern and commercial farming, to help supply informal retailers and urban consumers with lower cost, better quality, and safe food.
The Kenyan-based business-to-business e-commerce company said it has invested $10 million into the company, to scale the production of domestic horticultural staples like onions, tomatoes, and watermelons, significantly lowering the cost.
The investment in Kenya will make this one of the largest single …