- The Smart City Solutions Provider Award aims to recognize smart city solutions providers
- The 11th edition of AIM 2022, held in Dubai, UAE, from 29th to 31st March 2022, aims to achieve the smart cities objective through one of its six pillars, the Future Cities Pillar
- According to Isaaafrica Research, the continent is on the highway to urbanization, with more than 1.3 billion people living in urban areas by 2035
The arrival of ultra-smart technology, in addition to a greater emphasis on environmental protection, is leading the continent, and the world at large to the Future Cities model.
This is seeing many countries gearing up for a futuristic, revolutionary shift towards a digital business landscape.
The combination is an advantage for the African infrastructural sector and smart services provision which have the potential to dramatically change how people work, live and interact with others.
Every day, designers, IT technicians and engineers promise a future of smart cities only, which will be bigger, greener, safer, more connected, and more intertwined with hi-tech. Numerous smart cities have come up in Africa and all over the globe with more bike lanes in cities, a renewed emphasis on clean energy and more accessibility of public transit.
There are now many cities worldwide that are providing a window into the future. Examples of the smart cities in Africa include Modderfontein New City in Johannesburg, South Africa; Konza City, Kenya and Kigali Innovation City, Rwanda. According to Isaaafrica Research, the continent is on the highway to urbanization, with more than 1.3 billion people living in urban areas by 2035.
The Annual Investment Meeting (AIM) has been consistent for more than ten years to keep up with the exponential changes in Smart cities and ultra-smart technology development. AIM, which has transitioned into the number one international investment forum, is now playing a crucial role in shaping the smart cities of the future.
The Annual Investment Meeting and The Future Cities Pillar.
The 11th edition of AIM 2022, held in Dubai, UAE, from 28th to 31st March 2022, aims to achieve the smart cities objective through one of its six pillars, the Future Cities Pillar.
The Future Cities Pillar rallies up government and investor support to maximize the potential of innovation, technologies, and smart city solutions. This pillar will enable all stakeholders, including governments and investors, to foster innovation in the urban planning and development arena that replaces traditional services.
AIM 2022 is leveraging through the Future Cities Pillar to create a secure environment that gives real value and benefits to all participating providers of such innovative city services that include:
- Emerging Technology, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Sensors.
- Internet of Things (IoT) and Cyber Security.
- Blockchain and Machine Learning.
- Cloud Transportation.
- Electric Vehicles, Public Transit and Public Bike sharing.
- Rapid Rail Networks and 5G.
- Energy, Solar Power and Smart Lighting
- Water and Waste Water Management
- Smart Mobility and many other services.
AIM 2022 is the best platform for Future Cities Developers, Municipalities, Cities Planning Administrations and Ministers of Infrastructure to find new sources of funding and financing solutions for their enterprise development and expansion by presenting their projects’ value and competitiveness to investors.
Features adding value to future cities developers and smart services providers in the Future Cities Pillar.
1. The Future Cities Award.
In the Future Cities Award, the Smart City Solutions Provider Award aims to recognize smart city solutions providers. Several companies will be recognized for their brilliant ideas aligned to achieve increased operational efficiency, productivity, sustainability, and economic growth. AIM will announce one winner and one runner-up in each category in the following outlined five categories:
- Smart Energy Initiative Award
- Smart Healthcare Digital Initiative Award
- Smart Urban Development Initiative Award
- Smart Security Initiative Award
- Smart Security Initiative Award
All winners will get an opportunity to participate in the Innovation Showcase During AIM Global 2022. Additionally, the award winners and runner-ups in the five categories will feature prominently on the AIM website.
2. Conference and Pre-Conference Program
Many speakers and experts in AIM 2022 will share their best practice experiences in projects that have been qualified as smart and innovative for the benefit of cities. Examples of the topics that will be shared include;
- Digital transformation of Dubai City.
- How companies can implement AI.
- The use of blockchain technologies in the federal system of remote electronic voting: Russian experience.
3. Innovation Showcase
The innovation showcase is a dedicated stage close to the Conference Hall or in the middle of the Future Cities Exhibition area, where Exhibitors can every day showcase their technology products that are relevant to the conference topic.
4. Site Visits
AIM 2022 provides a separate networking program that attracts mayors and governors from cities around the globe to interact with other stakeholders during the conference program. Some examples of leaders and mayors’ Symposiums include:
- The Latest Innovations and Good Practices in smart cities and in ultra-smart technology.
- COVID-19 Challenges and Best Practices to Overcome the Pandemic
Moreover, on the 28th of March 2021 of the 11th edition of AIM 2022, site visits will be arranged at Khalifa City University and Smart Dubai University,