Entered into force the Presidential Decree 184/20, that foresees exceptional and temporary measures that will be in force when the Sanitary Enclosure is declared in any Angolan Province or Municipality.
The main measures are the following:
- Use of face mask is mandatory in the public road, markets, commercial establishments, places of worship, educational establishments, public transports and, in general, all the enclosed spaces that are open to the public.
- If the facial mask is not used when mandatory, the person is not permitted to enter in that space/establishment and may be sanctioned with a fine from AKZ 5.000,00 to AKZ 10.000,00.
- Citizens shall stay in their houses, except in case of necessary and indispensable travel.
- People with 60 or more years old, with chronical diseases (as renal, cardiovascular, oncologic, diabetes or other diseases), who are pregnant or take care of children with less than 12 years old, are dismissed from presential work and shall work from home. In the last situation, only one of the members of the household may use the right to telework.
- Public services will work between 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM, with 50% of workforce, or 30% when possible. Are not comprised by these limits (between others) port/airport, health, electronic communications, social communication, energy and water supply and waste collection services.
- Sporting activities in open spaces may be performed between 5:30 AM and 7:30 AM and between 5:00 PM and 7:00 PM. The use of facial mask is not mandatory.
- Commercial establishments are open between 7:00 AM and 4:00 PM, limited to 50% of the work force.
- The number of Clients that may be inside the establishment at the same time is limited to 50% of establishment’s capacity.
- The incompliance of the commercial opening period or the limit of Clients inside the establishment may be sanctioned with establishment’s temporary closure and fine between AKZ 100.000,00 and AKZ 250.000,00.
- Regarding restaurants, they will work between 6:00 AM and 4:00 PM for meals on site and between 6:00 AM and 10:00 PM for take-away.
- Activities and meetings in enclosed spaces shall not exceed 50% of place’s capacity nor 50 people, being mandatory the use of facial mask and social distancing. Activities with more than 50 people need authorization from Sanitary Authorities.
- Are permitted household gatherings until 15 people. In the public road, gatherings have a maximum limit of 10 people, except in public transport stations/stops.
- The commercialization and consume of alcoholic beverages are forbidden.
- Religious activities are suspended.
- Urban and interurban collective transports may work between 5:00 AM and 6:00 PM and shall not exceed 50% of their maximum capacity.
- The incompliance of rules foreseen in this Presidential Decree is a transgression and crime of disobedience. The breach of the Sanitary Enclosure or mandatory isolation may be punished with a fine between AKZ 100.000,00 and AKZ 250.000,00.
- The Sanitary Enclosure in the Province of Luanda is extended until August 9th 2020, being established a Sanitary Enclosure in Cazengo Municipality until the same day.
- Authorized exits from zones subjected to Sanitary Enclosure are conditioned to a previous realization of a Covid-19 exam.
Article by Marco Correia Gadanha
Marco Correia Gadanha
Marco Correia Gadanha is a partner of the Portuguese law office MC&A. He is specialized in legal advice to international transactions. Marco has extensive experience of legal practice in Portugal and in the Portuguese-speaking African countries. Since 2008, he has practiced mainly in the areas of labor and litigation, assisting national and international clients in these and other matters, namely corporate law, especially in Portugal, Angola and Mozambique. He graduated at the University of Coimbra in 2005 and he holds post-graduations in Labor and Angolan Law.