- In Kenya, waiters in restaurants can now turn tips into savings
- African currencies under pressure on US interest rates
- How Kenya is growing tourist numbers from the Middle East
- Africa Climate Venture gets $1.08M from FSD Africa
- The rise and rise of Africa’s art market
- Puzzle of Kenya’s low forex reserves amid huge debt obligations
- Kenyan startup Eldohub linking tech talents with SMEs
- Mombasa startups reducing marine plastic waste win $50,000
Browsing: DP World
- Through the partnership, NBK will offer financial solutions to buyers and sellers from Kenya while providing an avenue for them to interact and network with other traders.
- The deal is aimed at offering e-commerce services to Kenyan traders to access goods from across the globe but mainly UAE and Asia via DUBUY.COM.
- Trade enabler, DP World, announced the launch of its global wholesale e-commerce platform DUBUY.com in Kenya on Tuesday November 9, 2021.
Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in Kenya will now have access to global markets, mainly the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Asia.
This follows a trade partnership deal that was on Wednesday November 10, 2021 signed between the National Bank of Kenya (NBK) and the leading global logistics provider DP World.
The deal is aimed at offering e-commerce services to Kenyan traders to access goods from across the globe but mainly UAE and Asia via DUBUY.COM.…
DP World, the leading provider of worldwide smart end-to-end supply chain logistics has continued with its focus to expand its services in Africa.
Last month, the company launched the first dedicated container train service connecting Maputo and Harare, Zimbabwe. This is key to its vision to connect several countries in Southern Africa – namely Maputo with South Africa, Zimbabwe and Swaziland – by rail.
The new offering presents a multitude of new business opportunities for customers in Zimbabwe and Mozambique.
Better transit times
The service offers significantly better transit times for customers in Zimbabwe. In the past, transit goods on their way to Harare would often have to be transported far greater distances by sea and road, but this route will give customers a new, direct, and faster option for delivery.
Following the launch of the bi-weekly rail service, DP World Maputo will continue to work with all the stakeholders …
Ethiopia’s Ministry of Transport and Dubai’s DP World signed a $1 billion deal to develop the road linking Berbera in Somaliland into a trade and logistic corridor.
In a statement from DP World, it said that together with its partners they plan to invest up to$1 billion over the next 10 years to develop supply chain infrastructure along the corridor which will include warehouses, cool and cold chain depots, dry ports, container yards, silos, freight forwarding and clearing activities.
DP World committed to investing up to $442 million to expand and develop the corridor with the first phase nearly completed. The quay will also be expanded to 1,000 metres which will increase capacity to 2 million TEUs (twenty-foot equivalent units) which are operated by 10 quay cranes.
Ethiopia’s Minister of Transport, Dagmawit Moges and DP World’s chairman and chief executive Sultan Bin Sulayem signed the agreement in Addis Abba Ethiopia.…
Dubai-based port operator DP World has been selected as the preferred bidder for a 20-year concession to operate the multipurpose terminal (MPT) at the port of Luanda, Angola.
According to the Luanda’s port operator, the government of Angola and DP World have now entered into a formal discussion on the concession agreement.
Over the 20-year period of the concession, DP Wolrd said it plans to invest $190 million with plans to acquire new equipment and revamp existing infrastructure so as to bring operations in line with global standards and improve the efficiency of the MPT. The broader aim is to increase the annual throughput to approximately 700,000 TEUs per year. The plan also aims to train and develop existing staff.
The MPT handles both containers and general cargo with a quay of 610 metres with a depth of 12.5 metres and a yard of 23 hectares.
The agreement will bring …