- Tanzania at COP28
- AfDB partners with Prince’s Trust International to address youth unemployment in Africa
- AstraZeneca pioneers AI solutions for reforestation in Africa
- TotalEnergies divests 36% stake in South Africa’s National Petroleum Refiners
- Lipa Later’s $1.6M boost revives Sky.Garden’s East African market presence
- COP28: unmasking greenwashing in Africa and the challenge for sustainable development
- COP28: Early win with $260 million for climate damages
- Africa’s tech experts to convene for the 8th Edition of Digital and Technology Week
Browsing: Air France
- From Nairobi, Air France-KLM will serve Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Djibouti, South Africa, Nigeria, and Ghana markets.
- Kenya has long been acknowledged as the primary business centre of East Africa – Air France-KLM’s Marius van der Ham.
- Kenya is primary business centre of East Africa, boasting a stable and dynamic business environment. The country offers world-class talent, and excellent connectivity across Africa.
A streamlined organization in terms of product offering, great customer service, world-class talent and airport experience saw Air France-KLM pick Nairobi as its new Africa headquarters.
The move is part of the airline’s strategic plans to bolster its network and enhance services across Africa. From Nairobi, Air France-KLM will serve eight markets, including Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Djibouti, South Africa, Nigeria, and Ghana.
Air France-KLM’s regional manager for East and Southern Africa, Ghana, and Nigeria Marius van der Ham said: “We believe there is more potential to be …
- The new route will run on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday every week using Boeing 787-9. This model is Air France’s leading aircraft in African skies.
- Airline’s expansion will offer travelers more choices and contribute to the growth of Tanzania’s tourism industry.
- Travel-related revenue in Tanzania nearly doubled to $2.56 billion in 2022 from $1.31 billion previously.
The first flight from Paris Charles de Gaulle to Dar es Salaam’s Julius Nyerere International Airport has been launched by Air France, the national airline of France.
Air France is demonstrating its belief in Tanzania as a destination for both business and leisure travel. The new route adds to the airline’s existing service between Paris and Zanzibar.
Air France to fly three times per week
The Boeing 787-9, a highly effective and environmentally friendly aircraft operated by Air France to sub-Saharan Africa, will fly the route on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday every week.…
On Monday Liberian president, George Weah confirmed the imminent return of Air France flights to the country.
“I am excited to announce the return of Air France to Liberia. This is a testament of the measures we have put in place to promote a conducive business climate – wherein we can attract more businesses and investments to Liberia,” the president said on Twitter.
He also added that the move was an affirmation of deepening relations between the two countries and that “Liberia is open for business.”
Sam Wlue transport Minister also confirmed that Air France notified the Liberian government of its intention to resume its Liberia route after months of negotiations.
Mr Jean Luc Mévellec, the airline’s regional manager informed the minister that the Monrovia’s Roberts International …
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines is set to launch the latest version of the Boeing 787-10 aircraft on the Amsterdam- Nairobi route next month, months after flying the aircraft to Tanzania.
The fuel-efficient aircraft will offer passengers on the route a more comfortable flying experience with its top of the range features offering more comfort and less fatigue.
The Dutch national carrier is introducing the latest version of the Boeing 787-10 aircraft into its fleet in a move that will see Kenya become the second destination in KLM’s global network to receive the new aircraft, after Tanzania in July this year.
READ ALSO:KLM CEO resigns from KQ Board
This underscores KLM’s efforts in investing in Africa and local markets.
KLM is the first European carrier to fly this new type of aircraft, cementing its position as a pioneer in aviation. It is one of the airlines that continues to make …